Problems with autopilot (offline navigation)

Home Forum Public Forum General Chat Problems with autopilot (offline navigation)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  snodders16199 miles sailed 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

snodders
    Pioneer
    16199 miles sailed

I have used the offline navigation successfully in the past, but now, having started a new voyage I can’t get it to continue sailing when I log out. I put my start triangle in front of my boat (it’s hollow, or grey at this point) then sail the boat over it (it turns solid yellow), enable the autopilot (in follow course mode) and log out. When I return the boat has made no progress. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing please?

Cheers,
    Snods.

Corsaire31
    0 miles sailed

Strange… no wind ? Boat in irons on the course ?

Corsaire31
    0 miles sailed

Are you sure in the game options you have chosen “navigate, trim the sails and adjust sails area” ? when offline

bcutler2003
    Pioneer
    115 miles sailed

Me too. I have made sure this time that i placed the triangle in front of the boat, I set the settings to “navigate, trim the sail and adjust sails area”. I went over the triangle it turned solid then i logged out. I will let you know what happens once I log back in a little later.

Corsaire31
    0 miles sailed

Did you all set the autopilot under the wheel in the top of the UI to “follow waypoints” ? Once I left it on follow bearing and the boat went just straight

bcutler2003
    Pioneer
    115 miles sailed

I think it is the COG that is throwing me off. It is at about a 20 degree difference to the line on the map. Could it be that it is following the line but cause the current and wind it just looks like it is not?

LoneRangerAtSea
    Pioneer
    330 miles sailed

I assume your auto pilot is working now.

Question: If you login after setting your Autopilot and find your boat halfway along its course – can you use the same voyage to resume (seeing the waypoints are solid yellow)- it should just keep sailing to the next waypoint that’s not solid.

Is that right?

snodders
    Pioneer
    16199 miles sailed

I’m not sure what the problem was, I tried recreating my voyage multiple times with no luck, eventually I teleported near to the end of my voyage, completed it and the next voyage offline navigation worked. Maybe a bug?, I’m pretty sure I did nothing different apart from finishing my earlier (broken?) voyage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Keep updated with Sailaway news
Direct via your inbox!

Subscribe to our mailing list and keep informed about all things Sailaway related!

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.